Whether your are an inventor, a recent graduate, or a seasoned entrepreneur, SOVAR offers you a scientific and business coaching program to launch your technology startup. Our project managers and business coaches are familiar with the challenges you face. They generously share their knowledge and experience, according to your needs.
JOIN A STARTUP
You have a special expertise and would like to join a startup to experience the adventure of creating the future? Our young companies are looking for various professionals: scientific, technical, marketing, business, finance, human resources.
Tell us about your interests.
LAUNCHING A DEEP TECH STARTUP
SOVAR offers entrepreneurs, hosted at its premises, a stimulating environment conducive launching a deep tech startups, including a personalized business and technology coaching program, allowing them to fine-tune the operations and commercialization strategies of their project.
Offices when you need them
- shared workspaces with free Wi-Fi network,
- meeting rooms and event hall
ON YOUR MARKS! GET SET! GO!
SOVAR offers a specialized three-part coaching program to launch deep tech startups.
At the end of the program, entrepreneurs will generally have initiated their first sales and obtained a first pre-seed financing allowing them to take off!
A MADE-TO-MEASURE PROGRAM
Up to 500 hours of personalized coaching, over 18 to 30 months :
- Needs assessment
- Individual meetings throughout the program
- Dedicated business coach and scientific advisor
- On-demand services of professionnal experts (legal, accounting, communications)
- Relay to training partners, and more...
ON YOUR MARKS!
- Create the deep tech startup
- Validate the business project
- Structure the founder's team
Develop and Implement
- Set up a management team
- Devise the business model and go-to-market strategy
- Determine a financing strategy
- Structure an important and value-creating milestone
- Develop the growth strategy
- Relay to relevant partners
Note : Currently, this program is only available to startups commercializing intellectual property spun off from our academic partners, or IP being developed in collaboration with these partners.
From time to time, the ministère de l’Économie et de l’Innovation du Québec offers to fund specific initiatives and business projects undertaken by SOVAR’s coached startups. We will guide you in applying you these programs.
PRIVILEGED ACCESS TO A BUSINESS NETWORK
Entrepreneurs coached by SOVAR benefit from privileged access to a business network through its independent advisory committees, numerous partnerships and other relationships developed over the years.
Through interactions with SOVAR entrepreneurs, this network brings a wealth of experience and can help open market channels or investment opportunities.
Businesswise, if we have to know where we are going in an emerging market, we must certainly remember where we come from! Without SOVAR's support, which allowed me to synchronize myself with the reality of academic research, to fund and proactively support our early financing and early business plans, AddÉnergie would not be where it is today.
- Louis Tremblay, Chief Executive Officer and Founding Shareholder, AddÉnergie, 2017
SOVAR made entrepreneurs from the lab rats that we were.
- Xavier Godmaire, President and co-Founder, Laserax, 2018
Without SOVAR, there wouldn’t be any Bliq! It is as simple as that!
- Mathieu Champagne, Director of Operations and Finance, and Co-Founder, Bliq, 2018